Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Let's be honest...

Let's be honest... I have been obsessing about my baby's "schedule" for a couple weeks now.
As of right now I have been following what is known as the "baby-led" scheduling. Basically what this means is I follow my babies cues and respond to him accordingly (hungry, sleepy, cranky, bored...) thus the baby is leading the schedule. This is great because I am home with him so I am able to dedicate 100% of my time to him.  I have to make a note here: I find it really funny that I "follow" the baby-led method. Honestly, I have done this the entire time my son has been alive and it is the only because it feels so natural. No offense to heavy schedulers.. but it just doesn't feel right to me to put my baby down at a specific time or say this time of day he sits in his bouncer... I just go with it...
Don't get me wrong though, we do have "routines" and naturally Mason has developed patterns that I am actually quite strict about following... however we do not have close to a schedule. Sometimes I get all out of whack and start thinking a schedule is what he needs - really a schedule is what I need. A schedule would certainly be more convenient for me, but I have to wonder, how convenient is it for my child?
I am going to wait and see what develops as the bug gets older. I am thinking that we will naturally develop and progress more into a schedule. I will certainly welcome a schedule but for now I am following my little guy's needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment